Google CEO Sundar Pichai on Wednesday, announced the launch of Digital Unlocked, an initiative to help small scale businesses and startups to go digital. An app called Primer will also be available for Android and iOS which will offer basic and advance mobile training.
- Chennai Book Fair 2017 begins tomorrow: Token system to fight demonetisation cash crunch
- Haryana government issues warning to schools: Teachers to be responsible for students’ poor result
- JNU row accused unaware of disciplinary proceedings, says Umar Khalid’s lawyer
- Experienced people got more jobs in 2016: Report
Google CEO Sundar Pichai on Wednesday, announced the launch of Digital Unlocked, an initiative to help small scale businesses and startups to go digital. The programme which was launched in collaboration with the IT Ministry of India and FICCI, lets the trainees attend the training and get a certification from Google and the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad.
Through this initiative, small and medium businesses in India will get a boost and their online growth will be given a push.
NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED
IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, who was also present at the event, announced the launch of a new website called ‘My Business’, which will allow small businesses to get a website within just 10 minutes.
“We don’t want to miss the digital revolution and want to become one of the leaders in the same,” said IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
ABOUT DIGITAL UNLOCKED
- According to a FirstPost report, Digital Unlocked is a training programme launched to empower upcoming and existing Indian SMBs with essential digital skills which will help them to get online and use internet so as to grow their business
- The process is only requires one to register on the Digital Unlocked website
- The programme is being offered in three formats, online, offline and mobile
- The training material will be available offline and in English and Hindi languages
Google is also planning to conduct about 5000 workshops over the year which will include one day-8 hour training for businesses for offline training.