Now Android Pie for Galaxy smartphones brings in a new look and a number of UI changes, courtesy of the latest Samsung One UI.
It is no secret that Samsung is working on to release its Android Pie based update to a maximum number of devices. Now adding to their growing list are budget smartphones – the Samsung Galaxy J4, Galaxy J4+, and the Galaxy J6+. The three devices have started receiving the J4+ update in Vietnam, Thailand, and Ukraine. Now the Galaxy J6+ is being updated in Germany, Iraq, and India.
Now Android Pie for Galaxy smartphones brings in a new look and a number of UI changes, courtesy of the latest Samsung One UI. The new UI brings in important information front and centre which makes it easier to operate with just one hand.
The new one UI also gets plenty of functionality and also gets minor improvements included in One UI with Android 9.0 Pie. Samsung has also included the April 2019 security patch as well for all the smartphones.
Here’s full changelog:
– Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
– Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they are always within reach.
– New designs and features such as Night Mode now helps you keep your eyes comfortable.
– You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
– Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
– In an app’s notification settings, tap the switch one to turn on or off all notifications in a category.
– New Unicode b11.0 emojis are available
– The new adaptive theme changes your keyboard
– The floating keyboard is available in all apps and also has a new size and transparency settings.
– You can set a custom touch and hold delay
– Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
– Bixby is all-new, with a range of improvements and new features.
– Swipe left from the main Bixby screen to explore the latest features and supported apps.
Samsung Galaxy J4, Galaxy J4+ and Galaxy J6 can navigate to Settings > Software Update and then click on Download Updates manually. The Android Pie update should start downloading. The updates are rolled out in stages so if you have not received the update yet, you will pretty soon since this update will be rolled out in phases.