All the candidates can check the complete examination schedule of Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2017.
XAT 2017: Check out test centres, paper pattern, other details here
- ICAI IPC Intermediate, Final Exam 2016 begins: Check out complete test schedule here
- FMS Delhi admissions 2017: Apply for MBA course
- RRB NTPC results likely to be declared soon: Check at www.rrcb.gov.in
- Punjab PSTET results to be announced soon: Check at www.tetpunjab.com
- RPSC RAS/RST Combined Competitive (Mains) 2016 exam schedule released at rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in: Check now
The registration process for Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) has already begun on the official website, http://xatonline.net.in/
The exam is scheduled to be conducted on January 8, 2017.
As per reports, it will be held by the Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur on behalf of the XAMI to select the most suitable students for management education.
For the first time, the institute will be holding the exam on the second Sunday instead of the first Sunday of the year. Apart from XLRI, the XAT scores are accepted by around 140 B-schools across India. Last year, XAT has undergone changes in terms of exam pattern.
Changes introduced last year:
- The total number of questions in the main paper were brought down to 78
- The time allotted was increased by 20 minutes
- In XAT 2016, students had a choice of not attempting 13 questions
- The number of questions in the GK section were reduced to 25.
Those interested in applying should be holding a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university/institute. The duration of the programme should be a minimum of three years. Those in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the cut-offs set by each institute. The shortlisted candidates will then be asked to appear for a group discussion, written ability test and personal interview rounds.
All the candidates need to pay Rs 1600.
- The test would be conducted from 10 am to 1.30 pm
- XAT is a paper pencil based test divided into two papers
- Paper 1 consists of 78 questions from quantitative ability and data interpretation, verbal ability and decision making and analytical reasoning
- Paper 2 is a mix of objective as well as subjective questions from general knowledge and essay writing questions
Also, XAT 2017 would be conducted across the following two international cities which include Dubai, Kathmandu.
How to apply:
All the candidates need to apply online.
Log on to the official website, http://xatonline.net.in/
- Last date of application: November 30
- Last date of late application: December 11
- Download admit card: December 20
- XAT 2017 exam: January 8, 2017
- XAT 2017 Result: Last week of January, 2017.